Smart people use debt to their advantage and personal loans are one of the best credit options available. Instead of maxing your cards on a sudden large expense or risking your home or assets, you can take out personal loans to quickly plug in a cash deficit.
While they’re not very common, personal loans are growing rapidly in popularity due to their many advantages over other types of loans. Like every prudent person, it pays to do your homework before making a financial move. Here is what you need to know about the advantages of personal loans.
- Personal Loans Are Flexible and Predictable
Lenders are usually more flexible with personal loans than with any other type. You can usually decide on the repayment period, repayment plan, and amount to borrow. Plus, since it is not a specific loan like a mortgage, you can pretty much do anything you want with it.Personal loans features and benefits also make them very predictable. The monthly payment is fixed, and you don’t have to worry about changing interest rates unlike what happens with credit cards and mortgages.
- You Can Get a Personal Loan Even With a Bad Credit ScoreEven with a relatively poor credit score, you can get a personal loan from most lenders. What changes is the interest rate. With a good score, you can negotiate a very good rate. However, the increased risk associated with a bad score will raise the rates.If you have a need for quick cash, a personal loan may be the best way to go. All the lender needs is your bank statement, some personal information, and they can then let you know how much you can borrow and at what rates.
- Personal Loans Have Potentially Higher Limits Than Credit CardsThe caps on personal loans can be quite high compared to credit cards. Depending on your qualifications, some lenders allow one to borrow up to $100,000. While the lender retains sole discretion on how much they can lend you, a personal loan might be the way out if you want quite a bit of money.Credit cards, on the other hand, vary limits by considering payment patterns, delinquencies, debt-to-income ratio, credit score, and more factors. When you don’t have enough wiggle room on your cards or don’t want to stretch them that far, consider a personal loan.
- You Don’t Need Collateral to Get a Personal LoanPersonal loan benefits overshadow secured loans like mortgages and car loans in this area. While the small print differs between lenders, you usually don’t need any type of collateral to take a personal loan.There are, however, secured personal loans for those who want them. These will have more attractive interest rates and more versatile repayment plans.
- You Have More Time to RepayPersonal loans are easier on your budget than most other loans. Most of them have maximum repayment periods of 5 years, although some can extend it to five years or longer.This makes them much easier to manage in the long run. It also makes them a perfect way to consolidate your debt.
If you have student debt, credit card debt, or other types of debt that is stretching you too thin with high interest, consider consolidating it into one personal loan. Such a plan can make it more manageable, and you can potentially save a lot of money this way.
Personal Loans: Should You Take Them?
When you have a large event, a home improvement, or other sudden expense, a personal expense might be what you need. You should shop around to find the best deal on interest rates and repayment periods.
Quickle offers straightforward, simple, quick personal loans in Australia. You can get the money you need in hours with a simple online application and a little information. Get your personal loan now.