You don’t have to go away and spend thousands to create lifelong memories. Instead, you can search for staycation deals right in your local area and enjoy a few days with your family or significant other. We’ve rounded up staycation ideas for families and couples that you can use all year round, to have fun and be with the ones closest to you.
Staycation Ideas for Families
No matter how young or old your kids are, you’re never too old or cool for a quick staycation. They’re an excellent way to beat your stress and simply enjoy each other’s company.
1. Have a Backyard Camp Out
- You can have your very own camp out in your backyard. Pitch a tent, grab some snacks and have a small fire. Your kids will love the adventure they can have camping out while knowing home is just a few steps away.
2. Spend the Day Exploring
- No matter how small your town or city is, there is most likely a museum, aquarium, historical site or a quirky restaurant that you haven’t tried. Plan a short day trip and take a cheap staycation exploring your hometown. You may just be surprised at how many things are out there.
3. Visit an Amusement Park
- Australia has over 30 major amusement parks, and theme parks spread all over. You can take a day (or two!) and bring your entire family out for a fun time. If it’s summer, a water park is a great way to beat the heat and have a blast.
Staycation Ideas for Couples
You don’t have to spend a fortune to get away with your significant other and reconnect. Instead, you can take a short day or two staycation.
1. Visit a Winery
- Australia is home to over 2,400 wineries, and many of them host daily tours. They’ll take you through the winery and tell you the history. They also have on-site wine tastings and lunches where you can sit, relax and catch up with your partner while enjoying the beautiful views and friendly atmosphere.
2. Take a Hike
- If you’re more adventurous, heading out to take a hike is a great cheap vacation idea. You can make it a single day hike, or you can make it a short two-day trip with an overnight stay. This gives you the chance to unplug and spend some one on one time with your partner.
3. Visit a Museum and Dine Out
- Take a short day trip and visit a museum. You can spend hours wandering through the various exhibits and enjoy your “adult” time. To end the day, catch a movie you both want to see or enjoy a romantic evening dining out.
Contact Quickle Today!
Do you need funding for your cheap vacation idea? Maybe you have questions. Either way, we invite you to reach out and contact us at Quickle today!